Wednesday 31 December 2014

WIPW - The End of 2014

This Work In Progress Wednesday report falls on the last day of 2014. It has been a great and positive year. I've completed needlework projects that had been going on for far too long, like the quilt 'Kafferepet'
and the Swedish Cushion'.
I made a collar in wool embroidery
to accompany the wrist warmers I made last year.
To celebrate new life at spring I made an abstract Sumptuous Surface Embroidery picture with cherry petals,
For the Hina Festival I made a fish,
and my contribution to NHK's Partnership Charity Quilt project was this block of Swedish peppermint sweets,
I created a few new stumpwork portraits
and birthdays cards.
I made the TAST Reference Chart,
I started a Beaded TAST sampler
and a Free Form embroidery
where I can just pile on stitches made from short left over thread ends...

and I visited a number of quilt shows, where I had the chance to enjoy the company of my many friends.

'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-'-

So what have I produced in the last week of this year?

TASTy Beads Galore
I used TAST #37 Beaded Hedebo Edge to start this flower.

Pile 'em On
Some more stitches were added to the 'mess' in the centre. I also started on another pulled work area, using Wave Stitch Filling.

Growing Red
I have measured,
pinned,

pressed,


marked,

and started stitching a bit on this 'mystery' project.

I'm a lucky girl who received lovely Appleton wool for Christmas; perfect for this project.



Work In Progress Wednesday was started as a support program by Sharon of Pintangel. It helps you focus on working towards completing a slow or stagnant needlework project, by reporting on your progress each Wednesday. It has worked wonders for me. Try it!

Wishing you all a good last day of 2014 and a bright, creative New Year.

27 comments:

patchcath said...

Ton blog m'enchante par ces nombreux articles et cette explosion d'idées et d'envies. Je ne laisse pas toujours un commentaire mais j'essaie de ne rien manquer. Merci

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm glad I don't have to report work in progress because nothing is getting done! I feel like the faster I run, the behinder I get. I wish I could just shove everything in a box and set it aside until later. Trouble is, there is no place to put the box!

margaret said...

good to see all your projects together here Queenie, I do not think I had seen the cherry petal piece before. The fish and stumpwork are also now to me. Wondering what your new project is all about, hope you do not tease us for too long.

Wishing you all the best and good health in 2015

Pamela said...

Wonderful finishes this year and great start for the year ahead!

Queeniepatch said...

Merci beaucoup!

Queeniepatch said...

I used to have nothing to report because nothing was getting done, too. Then I got hooked on WIPW and it pushes me to produce SOMETHING. Having said that, the last week of the year in Japan is ALWAYS a race with time. Now less than three hours left...
Good luck in finding some space for that box!

Queeniepatch said...

The HINA fish was published Feb 14, the cherry petals April 6 and the stumpwork portrait was worked on World Embroidery Day 30 July.
Growing Red is a project that must be completed in less than a months so it will soon be revealed.
You, too, Margaret, have a really great 2015.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you Pamela. When I started to look back at what I had done I was surprised that it was as much as it was! Let's hope 2015 will be as good a year. Will I be seeing you in Tokyo at the quilt show?

crazyQstitcher said...

How good to see your finished projects again. It had been a great suggestion of Sharon's to join her WIPW but seeing your endeavours has encouraged me, and I'm sure others, to experiment more myself.

I hope 2015 will be just as productive for you as last year - just gone- has been.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Wonderful finishes for 2014 and wow, your work is so beautiful. Happy New Year!!

Queeniepatch said...

Happy New Year, Maureen,
TAST has given me so many new stitches to play with, and WIPW has really been a 'kick in the butt' to push me into completing things. Now that Sharon is taking a blogging break we will have to keep up the good work by ourselves. Thanks to the routine that WIPW has put me into, I think I will be able to continue in the same way.
Let's make the most of 2015!

Queeniepatch said...

It was nice to sum up the year (as many do) and look back at what was achieved. Now for a great and productive new year.
Have a good 2015, Cynthia.

Séverine said...

Your finished projects are wonderful and I'll wait to see the new one.
I wish you a Happy New Year

Annet said...

It was a pleasure to read your blog in the past year and I'm looking forward to see what you create in 2015. Wishing you a Happy New Year!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

You've had a very productive year! I look forward to seeing your lovely work in 2015.

Queeniepatch said...

You, too, have a great creative new year.

Queeniepatch said...

Ditto, wishing you the best for a great new year 2015.

Queeniepatch said...

I am looking forward to the wonderful creations you'll amuse us with in 2015, too.
All the best for a great year.

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Well done Queenie, you achieved some great finishes in 2014 !
Looking forward to so much more of your creativity in 2015........
hugs
Chris Richards xx

Queeniepatch said...

I'll be looking to you for inspiration, so do keep up the good work, Chris.
Have a great and creative year, 2015.

Anonymous said...

You have created lots of wonderful projects this year, I wish you a happy and productive 2015. I am looking forward to your mistery project, I just know it will be full of interesting stitch combinations

Queeniepatch said...

Wishing you, too, a great and creative year.
Yes, there will be several stitches and stitch combinations on Growing Red.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!
it is good to see the whole years projects in one post, though I have been following and enjoying most of them. this is very inspiring. eager to see the Growing Red. Well Done!
Wishing you very peaceful creative years!

Queeniepatch said...

Happy New Year Chitra,
It was good to look back at what's been produced during the year - it is so easy to forget some things. Let's hope 2015 will be as fun and productive.

Louise SS said...

Kafferepet is just wonderful! Such a wonderful summer reminder. Fika i en berså en varm, solig sommardag! Just perfect! God fortsättning på det nya året!

Queeniepatch said...

Hej!
Det är lustigt att du skulle tänka på fika i en berså, för det var just så jag såg det framför mig när jag jobbade med täcket. Synd att jag blev klar med arbetet mitt i vintern!
God fortsättning på året och dina lapptäcken.

Anonymous said...

You are so very creative and Inspirational, Queenie. Such a pleasure to follow your achievements :)

Best wishes for the coming year!
Barbara XX