Wednesday 6 April 2016

WIPW - Embroidery completed

Work In Progress Wednesday, shows the completed embroidery of the Swedish wool embroidered

Kjolsäck

I am now in the process of attaching the purse frame.
First I turned in, gathered, pressed and basted the top of the pouch, here the back and the lining:
Next step was to stitch these together at the top.
 I cut a piece of stiff plastic (white) to fit exactly in the grove of the frame, inserted it in between the back and the lining and pressed that curve into the grove of the frame..
While keeping the fabric in place with the white plastic it is now my intention to stitch the frame to the black back. it will be tricky, so please wish me good luck!


11 comments:

carorose said...

That was quick and I love the end result. I don't think you will need good luck but accept my best wishes anyay.

Last week you said that the bags I made looked Japanese. I asked a friend and she said they were and are called "Mairuru".

Cheers

crazyQstitcher said...

I do wish you good luck Queenie. I hope it works first time.
The embroidery is lovely.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. Your good wishes helped me to stitch on the back frame. Now for the front!

Queeniepatch said...

Thanks for the good wishes; I got the purse frame for the back of the pouch on all right. I'm a bit scared of trimming and pressing the embroidered front...
Thanks for the info about the bagas you made. I wrote a new comments on your blog post.
Happy stitching!

margaret said...

what a pretty purse you will have I am sure it will go together perfectly, good to see you have a bit more time for your stitching now

Queeniepatch said...

Family members who have been unwell are on the mend and I have needed less time caring for others. It has been lovely to devote a lot more time to MYSELF and my SEWING! Long may it last!

Julie Fukuda said...

I am sure that all went together as planned. Such a great plan too.
Glad to see you with a bit of time for yourself.

Queeniepatch said...

All went well and I'm now adding some decorative stitching and making a 'kavelfrans', the 'furry' fringe for the edge.

jacaranda said...

Absolutely stunning work.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you, Jenny.
I've completed the edging today and will start on a cord for the shoulder strap.

Janie said...

Beautiful work Queenie! Thanks for sharing.